MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Learning Lots

I learned a little bit about myself today at my psych eval. And I learned a lot of stuff during the nutrition part of the eval, too.

To sum up my psych eval, most of my problems with food stem from the age of 11-12 and involve poor coping skills in reaction to my parent's nasty divorce and the emotional chasm between this event and my religious beliefs. Wow, that was a loaded sentence. Did that even make sense? Any who, this knowledge isn't really all that new to me, but it has never made more sense than it does now.

The nutrition eval was super informative. She taught me what to expect pre-op, post-op, and the weeks/months following. The main piece of information I came away with was protein. 80 milligrams of it per day. Also, advancing my diet from liquids, puree, soft, to regular over a six month period. I learned a lot of other cool stuff but it's probably only cool to me.

I should hear back from the insurance company within 7-10 days for my approval. Then surgery could be scheduled three weeks (ish) from my approval. So, I could possibly have my surgery in a little over a month.

My EGD is scheduled for May 28th. EGD = Esophagogastroduodenoscopy. A procedure where a camera scope looks at the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum. Sounds like fun, right? So grateful sedatives will be involved to get me through it!


Natalie



2 comments:

  1. I was meaning to call you yesterday to hear how things went! So happy to hear that you learned some new things that will helpful through this process. I'm so excited for you! Love you lots :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to tell you more about it. There's so much to take in!

      Delete