MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week One

I decided to re-join the weight watchers program this week. I know what you're thinking, "Isn't that the fourth time you've tried this, Natalie?" Okay, well maybe I'm the only one thinking that. But yes, this is my fourth attempt at weight watchers.  The first was in high school. The second was two years ago (after I had gained 40lbs since the wedding). The third was one year ago (when I gained another twenty pounds). And that brings me to now...I have gained another 15 and really?  Enough is enough. I'm tired of being tired all the time. I want desperately to control my weight and be healthy.




I have been following the new Weight Watchers program for a few days now and I love it!  I am so enthusiastic (and a little nervous) about starting up again but the program just makes sense. I've been eating more whole grains, more fruits and vegetables and feeling great about it! I've been struggling with sweets a little but I expected that. My goal for the rest of the week is to stick to my points+ allowance and do some major portion control...(particularly on that mint 'n chip ice cream that is still in my freezer.) 




There are three things I've decided I absolutely cannot deprive myself of....for now.... mint 'n chip ice cream. chocolate chip cookies. pizza. I just need to master the self control of only allowing myself a 1/2 cup of ice cream...instead of a huge bowl. Or 2 cookies...instead of 5. Or 1 slice of pizza...instead of 3. :)  The beauty of it all is that I can incorporate my non-sacrificial foods into my plan. Yes, I will pay some major points for it. But at least I'm not deprived of it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you no matter what. Im always here if you need anything. I love you.

    ReplyDelete