Stress, stress stress! And I'm just about out of motivation for the semester. There's nothing like the pressure of a nice long case study and a packet of worksheets to bring on emotional eating. This is what I've been doing instead of feasting on that mint 'n chip in my freezer:
- snacking on my zero points+ mandarins super yummy!
- drinking LOTS of Diet Coke
- avoiding the kitchen when I'm not hungry
Kudos for today: Turning down a delicious cookie, eating more salad than rice, and only having one piece of Whitney's amazing pumpkin cake after dinner.
Overall, I'd say this weekend was a success!


I am so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteThe food/comfort connection can be pretty powerful. Certain qualities or types of foods are associated with different seasons, and you can bet that food businesses try to capitalize on those associations year round. I've found that there isn't any one thing or realization that helps, just little bits and pieces here and there. Also knowing where your food comes from and valuing it (like being able to appreciate a slice of pie that a friend makes but turn your nose up at a packaged cookie).
ReplyDelete