MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

6 Weeks

Time for an update! These past 6 weeks have flown by so fast. I've finally graduated to real food! It was so difficult to live on protein shakes, yogurt, and cream of wheat for 4 weeks. The taste and textures were starting to make me gag.

Honestly, the first couple weeks after surgery I experienced some regret. Mainly because of the pain I was feeling from my incisions and the muscles beneath them. But now that I am pain free and am able to eat regular food, I am adjusting to the changes much better. I am so happy that I made the decision to have surgery. It hasn't been easy at all. The lifestyle changes that I thought would become second nature, have taken a lot of mental retraining on my part. So for anyone who thinks WLS is taking the easy way out, you have been misinformed. Ha!

So, I'm headed back to work this week and my scrubs are feeling quite a bit looser than they were 6 weeks ago! Also I'm celebrating my 27th birthday tomorrow and I'm celebrating it being 28lbs lighter. Yay, me!

I am so incredibly grateful for the amazing support and encouragement I've received from my friends, family, and coworkers so far. Especially my husband, Tyler, who helped me heal quickly and took such good care of me even though I was such a pain in the butt. I think he can testify to the validity of the saying, "nurses make the worst patients."

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha "nurses make the worst patients" sounds right. So glad you're feeling better and losing weight!! I am so proud of you.

    Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have an amazing day. Sure love ya!

    ReplyDelete